PLANNING AND PREPARATION QUESTIONS
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY TATTOO SESSION?
Make sure you are well rested, well hydrated, and have eaten recently. Aside from that, take a shower, charge your phone or tablet up to full, and don’t bring in your friends. Trust us. They will be bored.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR MY TATTOO SESSION?
It’s more important to be comfortable than to be fashionable. Looser is better than tighter, and keep in mind you want to be able to cover up certain places that might show, depending on where you're getting your tattoo.
WHAT ARE SOME THINGS I MAY NOT THINK OF BEFORE I COME IN?
- Take a shower
- Don’t bring your kids. No really, don’t bring them.
- Bring all of the necessary documentation
- Good work costs money - so bring it!
- Eat before you come in!
- If you’re diabetic plan for a crash (and prepare yourself!)
- Your idea may not be able to be tattooed
- Just because you saw it on Pinterest doesn’t make it a good tattoo
- Don’t put words with pictures - we’re going to try to talk you out of it because of that whole “a picture is worth 1000 words” thing
WHEN SHOULD I NOT GET TATTOOED?
You should not get tattooed when you are:
- When you don’t know what you want
- When you can’t afford it
- When you’re sunburned
- When you haven’t showered
- When you have your kids with you
- If you don’t have an ID
- Being pressured into it
- When you’ve been told by us that your idea is bad
WILL IT HURT?
Yup. The best comparison would be to getting a scratch on a sunburn or to having someone draw on you with a ball-point pen on a sunburn. It doesn’t feel good, but it’s more of an intermittent irritation than a constant pain. Remember, a tattoo has more in common with an abrasion than it does with a hypodermic needle shot from the doctor.
WHY DO YOU REQUIRE DEPOSITS?
Often we will have hours of work in drawing and preparing for a tattoo before you sit down in our chair. Deposits help to ensure you make it to your appointment and that we haven’t done hours of work for nothing.
WHAT IS THE AGE REQUIREMENT FOR GETTING TATTOOED?
18 years of age. No exceptions.
SHOULD I WALK IN OR BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
We always encourage people to book an appointment for tattoos of any size. First, this guarantees you will get in at a certain time without potentially waiting for hours. Second, it gives our artists the chance to draw your new tattoo so that it’s 100% unique to you. For smaller tattoos, if we have openings feel free to try to walk in.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I’M LATE TO MY APPOINTMENT?
Don’t be. Seriously, if you’re late to your appointment it will throw our schedule off for the day.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I NO-SHOW DURING MY APPOINTMENT?
We’ve only ever had two people do this and it’s a terrible idea. If you no-show we will keep your deposit. That means your tattoo, if you do get it, will cost you 150% of what it should have cost.